Tips, Suggestion and Guidelines for Nursery Admissions
The New Year’s morning will witness the parents of toddlers rushing around city’s schools, buying nursery admission forms, in an attempt to secure their ward’s future. In an attempt to help the parents, we have come up with a list of ‘Things to do’ which would lessen the confusion and chaos at the last moment. We hope the below list serves the above mentioned purpose
1. Prepare a list of top 15 schools in your nearby area. It makes sense to apply to atleast 10 schools, even if you are sure of getting into the school of your choice.
2. Note down the important details like Forms Availability dates and timings, Admission Criteria, Last Date of Form submission, Documents required etc.
3. Since various schools have common schedules for procuring the forms, so plan your school visits in advance. Also, certain schools (like Mount St. Mary’s, Delhi Cantt) have very specific schedule for offering the forms. So, kindly ensure you note down the schedules of the schools you are planning to apply to, well in advance.
4. Take care of the specific instructions mentioned by the schools while filling up the forms. A careless mistake can lead to rejection of the application form.
5. For filling up Online Registration forms, try to do the registration at non-peak hours.
6. Ensure that you note down the registration no. provided after doing the online registration. Take a printout of the webpage displaying the registration no, if possible.
7. Get the copies of the following documents attested in advance-
– Birth Certificate of the child, issued by Municipal Corporation(Certain schools also accept certificate issued by hospital)
– Proof of Residence-( passport/ voter identity card/ electricity bill/ MTNL bill/ rental lease deed at least 6 months old)
– Proof of Alumni(School leaving certificate/character certificate issued by the alma-mater)
– Proof of sibling(fee receipt/ I-card)
– Affidavit(in case of single parent)
– Proof of income for EWS Category ( income certificate issued by the sub divisional magistrate of the area or any revenue officer not below the rank of tehsildar / food and supply officer, Delhi government)
– Certificate of Disability(in case of applicants with special needs)
– Proof of transfer(order of transfer/joining report stating report of transfer)
– Passport size photographs of child and parents