Mother’s Day is an annual event celebrated to honour one’s own mother, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds all over the world. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May. The tradition of celebrating this day started in UK and USA. Now, almost 60 countries across the globe celebrate this event with great enthusiasm.
On Mother’s Day, everyone tries to make their mothers feel special in some way or the other. People bake cookies, cakes, pies, etc. for their mothers to make her day special with her favourite dish. People arrange get-togethers with their mothers & arrange special outings with them. Even schools acknowledge the day by organising events on Mother’s Day. Parents and guardians are invited to the school and children honour their mothers by presenting songs, skits and giving gifts. The malls and markets start campaigning for the festival days before the commencement of Mother’s Day.
To celebrate this special day with our mother, with our sweet little gestures and gifts that will make her acknowledge our love and respect for her, follow the tips given below:
- Thank your mother for all her contributions and efforts, her sacrifices, love and warmth.
- Present cards, gifts and flowers to your mothers to make her feel special.
- Give your mothers an off from the household chores and prepare lunch & dinner for her.
- Set aside all other plans and treat your mother as a queen for the day. Turn the day into a one day adventure to someplace special. Spending the time together (preferably outdoors) is what really counts, so have a picnic, do some gardening together, etc.
- Organise a get-together with your whole family to treat the mothers of all generations.