“Grandparents make the world a little softer, a littler kinder and a little warmer”
At SHEMROCK & SHEMFORD Group of Schools, we celebrate different festivals and events to make the learning journey of our ShemSTARS, a wonderful experience. Through such celebrations, the little ones get to know about different customs & traditions and the reason behind each celebration. They also share a common platform wherein they get an opportunity to showcase their inherent talents, which makes their time at SHEMROCK & SHEMFORD even more interesting and engaging.
Grandparents’ Day is one such event, which falls on the first Sunday of September every year. To celebrate the same, we at SHEMROCK & SHEMFORD Group of Schools, conduct a number of interesting activities like card making, gift wrapping, fancy dress etc. exclusively for our ShemSTARS and their grandparents, with a view to celebrate the bond of love between them.
As a parent, you can also play an essential role in strengthening the bond between your child and her grandparents. This Grandparents’ Day, provide your child with an opportunity to spend quality time with her grandmother and grandfather in the most special ways. Here are some useful ShemTIPS using which you can celebrate Grandparents’ Day and also make your child realise the importance of having grandparents in her life.
- Involve your child in planning a party for her grandparents. Encourage her to assist you in the overall planning of the party, right from decorating the house with balloons, ribbons, “I love my grandparents” posters etc., to deciding the games and menu for the party.
- Prepare favourite dishes of your child and her grandparents. You may also involve your child in making a delicious dessert for her grandparents, to symbolize how they have added sweetness to her life.
- Tell your child to narrate short stories, recite poems and rhymes to her grandparents. Also, ask your child to share some moral values that they have learned from the stories with their grandparents.
- Encourage your child to present a hand-made card or a gift to her grandparents, through which she can express her feelings for them.
- Assist your child in making a scrapbook with the photographs that highlight the candid moments that your child has spent with her grandparents. Encourage her to decorate the scrapbook using crayons and glitters. Gift-wrap the scrapbook and tell your child to present it to her grandmother and grandfather on Grandparents’ Day, to make them feel special.
- Encourage your child to go for nature walks with her grandparents in the evening. Make this as your child’s daily routine, so that she is able to spend time with them.
- Lastly, tell your child to always pray for the good health and happiness of her grandparents.
Apart from celebrating Grandparents’ Day by using the aforesaid ShemTIPS, use every possible opportunity in your life to help your child come closer to her grandparents so that she realizes the beauty of this relationship as well as their importance in her life.
Happy Grandparents’ Day!