“Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
In almost all the countries across the globe, every year one day is dedicated to children. In our country, this day is observed on 14th November, on the birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru. Jawaharlal Nehru was a legendary freedom fighter and he became the first Prime Minister of India. He was greatly admired by children and was fondly called ‘Chacha Nehru’ (Uncle Nehru) by them.
Chacha Nehru used to love being with children, talking to them and playing with them. He said that children are the future citizens of India and therefore the way they are brought up is of utmost importance. He advocated the idea of raising children with care and affection so that the future of the country is bright. Children’s day is popularly known as ‘Bal Diwas’.
Children’s Day Celebrations
On this special day, children across the nation are engaged in activities filled with fun, joy and excitement. Many schools and other organizations host special cultural and social programs where children perform dances, deliver speeches and sing patriotic songs. Fancy dress competitions are also organized where younger children dress up as Pandit Nehru to offer a tribute to him. Sports activities and drawing competitions are also organized. Many institutions also show children’s films on this occasion.
Follow these tips for celebrating children’s day in an interesting and fun way:
- Take your child for a visit to a Children’s Museum and allow her to explore and enhance her creativity.
- Teach songs about children to your child and help her in understanding the meaning of its lyrics.
- Promote the idea of taking good care of children by giving them ample love and affection to help them grow into better citizens, as advised by Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Watch movies like ‘Tare Zameen Par’, ‘Stanley Ka Dabba’, ‘Chillar Party’ and animated movies like ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, ‘Finding Nemo’, ‘How to Train your Dragon’, etc. with your child.
- Encourage your child to participate in various fun activities that are taking place on the occasion of children’s day.
So, always give right guidance and proper love and attention to children not only on children’s day but every day.
Happy Children’s Day!