A list of the 50 most common interview questions for parents which school admission
Here are some sample interview questions for the parents:
- What is your name?
- What is your childs name?
- Describe your child?
- Tell something about yourself?
- You live in a joint or nuclear family?
- How many people are there at home?
- What type of school are you looking for your child?
- What are your views on homework?
- Why did you opt/select our school?
- What do you know about our school?
- Have you applied in other schools as well? If yes name them?
- How much time do you spend playing with your child?
- Tell about your Qualifications?
- Is your wife working?
- Where does she go for work?
- If both of you are working then how do you manage to look after your child?
- The child is closer to whom?
- Do any of you especially the father smoke or drink at home?
- Who takes care of the child when you are not there – grandparents, maids?
- What have been the important landmarks/ milestones observed in you child’s development till now?
- Any special moment that you remember in your child’s life till now?
- What do you understand by the term Perfect parenting?
- How do you take care of your child’s diet?
- What is your childs favorite game, toy, color, dish etc?
- Things your child doesn’t like?
- What is the importance of education?
- What is the latest thing you have purchased for your child?
- What is the role of parents in a child’s education?
- How do you deal with your childs misbehaviour?
- Do you beat or scold your child at home?
- Do you think punishments are important in life, if yes till what extend?
- Is your child toilet/potty trained?
- What do you want your child to become in future?
- What are your expectations from your child?
- Do you fight at home?
- Have your child been to a play school?
- Which play school and how was it?
- What language you speak at home?
- How often you eat food from outside?
- Is your child television addicted?
- How independent is your child?
- How does your child behaves when he meets a stranger?
- How do you inculcate the habits of sharing and caring in your child?
- Do you have a computer at home?
- What is Swine Flu and what precautions do you need to take against it?
- Do you remember when was your child last given a vaccination and what was it?
- Is your child introvert or an extrovert?
- How do you deal with your childs difficult problems?
- Tell your experience so far as a father/mother?
- Do you have any questions for us?
All the Best…
For reader’s reference, listed below are the sample answers for a few of the aforesaid questions:
Ans 7.) Share your views on how being in a good school gives the child a sound foundation for life and the child is groomed into a socially mature citizen.
Ans 9.) One of the most frequently asked question at the time of your child’s admission interview is ‘Why did you opt/select our school?’. In response to this question, you can state any of the following reasons:
- After enquiring in and around the area about the schools, I was glad to hear a unanimous response that the best school would be (name of the school).
- Your school has a great name in the community.
- I am a newbie to this area and I heard it was such a great school. I must say indeed it is.
- Your school was highly recommended to me when I moved to this area.
- I am sure that my child will receive good quality standard education.
- As compared to my child’s previous school, your school has wider range of facilities, better infrastructure & the appropriate teaching-learning environment.
- Long line of family attended the school in the past.
Ans 12.) While answering this question, talk about your work profile and the number of working hours you have. Thus, accordingly how much time you can spend with your child at dinner, outings etc.
Ans 19.) Since nowadays, both parents are working thus, the role of day boarding schools/ crèches has been increasing tremendously. However, there are instances in case of joint families wherein, the grandparents take care of the small children or an ayah is hired especially to take care of the child. (Therefore, according to your family type, answer to this question posed.)
Ans 21.) Share anyone of the moment that you have with your child and express it thoroughly, which shall reflect the bond that you share with your child.