“Friends are God’s way of taking care of us’’.
A friend is our sharing partner, fun-mate, wisdom zone, mentor, guide and a lot more than just a person who accompanies or talks to us. Every day and every moment spent with a friend is a bundle of joyful laughter and unlimited fun. Nobody can ever replace that special place which friends occupy in our life. Therefore, to mark the importance of friends and honour the bond of friendship the first Sunday of every August is celebrated as “Friendship Day” all across the globe. This year Friendship Day falls on 5th August 2012.
Friendship Day is especially very popular among the young generation and is celebrated with great zeal. On the occasion of Friendship Day, friends acknowledge each other by exchanging gifts, flowers, cards and wrist bands etc. which a very common gesture on this day. But, there is always a scope to be different and surprise your friends with your creativity. A few ideas to express your love and fondness for your special friends have been given below:
- Prepare a hand-knit friendship band for your friend. Get colourful threads and put alternative beads after every single knot. This personalized gift would surely touch your friend’s heart.
- Grab two plain T-shirts and design a similar pair for you and your friend. Pick some fabric colours, print your hand-impression with a lovely message at the back of the T-shirt and gift it to your friend.
- Decorate hair bands or caps with initials of you and your friends’ names.
- Decorate a friendship basket. Grab an old fruit basket & fill it with some chocolates or cookies wrapped in colourful wrapping paper. Add all your friend’s favourite items like her favourite book, a drawing book etc. Further, paste a friendship note or a special message on it. It would be the perfect Friendship Day gift for her.
- Describe your friend with a beautiful poem and write it with colourful markers on a plain coffee mug. Fill the mug with candies to make your friend feel special with this sweet gesture. Decorate it with glitter pens to gift to your friend.
- Make a Photo-Card for your friend by pasting your favourite photo together at the cover page.
Friendship Day is a time to pay a small tribute to our friends and let them know how special they are. So, explore your creative side to make a memorable souvenir depicting your true friendship for your friends. Further, cherish your bond by being always available for each other and never let communication gap affect your relationship.
HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!!
Click Here for :
Information on Shemford Schools, an upcoming chain of 10+2 Schools
Delhi Public School Hostel admissions
- Friendship Day Celebration at Shemrock
- Promise Day SMS 2010 | Happy Promise Day SMS | 11th February
- Registration open for Nursery At Cambridge School, New Friends Colony
- Cambridge Primary School New Friends Colony, Admission Open for Session 2011-12
- Festivals and Celebrations of the August month
Tags: Friendship Day, Friendship Day 2012, Friendship Day Celebration, Happy Friendship Day, Happy Friendship Day 2012, how to celebrate friendship day, when Friendship Day 2012