Enjoy a relaxing summer vacation with these short family get-a-ways that are most memorable and loved by children.
“If there is a paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, and it is this”… The white snow capped mountains, apple orchards; attractive shikaras on the lakes and colourful flowers is a must visit.
This summer vacations with your little ones, explore the hills, see the snow-clad Himalayas and the scenic hill stations of Kashmir and Uttaranchal or go for white water rafting on a sparkling mountain river and travel to the green hills of Munnar and Kodaikanal in South India.
U of Summer Fun : SUMMER UV SMART
Spending time outside is a great way to increase your child’s level of physical activity. But before your lil one hits the playground, pool or backyard, make sure you’re aware of the sun safety. Here are some tips to protect your child from harmful UV Rays:
1. Apply Sunscreen: Use a water resistant sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15 to 30 that provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
2. Cover-up properly: A full-sleeves T-shirt, long shorts etc. are good choices to opt for especially when going out in summers,but it’s wise to double up on protection by applying sunscreen or keeping your child in the shade when possible.
3. Seek shade always: UV Rays are the most harmful during the midday, so make sure that while travelling during the midday, seek shady area to move/tread on.
4. Wear Summer Hats: Hats that shade the face, scalp, ears and neck are easy to use and give great protection. So, before buying the summer hat(s) keep these points in mind.
5. Put on Sunglasses: Sunglasses or summer shades protect the eyes from the scorching UV-Rays and at the same time look trendy & classy.
SUMMER TRAVEL TIPS
A long family car trip seems shorter if you have fun with your kids along the way. It’s always important to take care of your health, but there are additional concerns to keep in mind when you’re traveling. Here are some tips to keep your travel experience healthy and safe during summer trips.
1. Be sure to perform required maintenance on your vehicle.
2. Check coolant level, headlights, brake lights, oil and make sure that tires are properly inflated.
S of Summer Fun : SUMMER SPORTS
When the weather warms up, kids start heading outdoors to play in the evening. These fun outdoor sports can be a great way for kids to spend hours outside and get lots of exercise.
Let your child join a sports team that will not only make him stay active but improve social skills and concentration and develop a hobby he can enjoy for life.
Let your child give his imagination a full bend by reading these serious, funny, light-hearted inspiring stories that are fun to read. Expose your little one to the fascinating world of stories and fairy tales by helping them to read these story books. Keep your child reading all summer with the collection of summer reading lists.