Every parent loves his/her child the most in the world. However still, there arise problems between parents and children and it is mostly due to the gap in communication and lack of expression to children from their parents. Given below are ten ways through which you as a parent can make your child feel special and most importantly, feel loved.
- Express your love: This is a very common mistake which everyone makes. We take it for granted that the children know we love them and therefore don’t feel the need to say it. This develops a communication gap which can be covered by saying I love you, kissing your child, hug him/her, etc.
- Praise your child sincerely: for any good work that your child does, appreciate him/her whenever possible. However, make sure not to overdo it and also do it only when s/he deserves it.
- Recognise the skills of your child: whatever your child loves to do, promote it to make him feel special. This will provide him the attention that he needs and he will bask in the sunshine of your love.
- Talk to your child: conversing with the child is very important since it will show your intent to interact with him and know his feelings. This will express your love for him/her and s/he will share the deepest feelings with you.
- Spend lone time with your child: just you and your kid can spend time with each other which will ensure a better communication and expression of feelings and will express your love for him/her.
- Celebrate regularly: any small milestones or achievements should be celebrated on a weekly basis or even daily basis for your child and make him feel important.
- Give respect to your child: this is very important and can be done by practising it directly with him/her. Give him respect and honour his decisions to make him responsible.
- Understand the temperament of your child: there are various stages in the growth and development of the child and a parent should respect these in order to bring out the best personality.
- Make him/her feel secure: this can be done by protecting him whenever he needs it. Also, the home should be made a secure place for the child so that he can stay safe in your love.
- Confide in your child: This will again make him feel important and also he will hold himself responsible which will instil this important quality in him/her.
For more parenting tips, click here.
Click Here for :
Information on Shemford Schools, an upcoming chain of 10+2 Schools
Delhi Public School Hostel admissions
- Opt for Montessori school and assure child-centred learning
- Child Safety In Delhi
- Moral Policing round the corner for Nursery Admissions
- Use Kid’s Educational Toys to Make the Young Ones Learn
- Get Attractive Kids’ Clothes and Make Your Children Look Trendy